Questions about getting a Quote
Find it by barcode
- Type or scan in a barcode in the box in the middle of the page here.
- The 13 digit barcode is usually found of the back of the game case.
- We need the original barcode which may be under a shop sticker
- Some very old games didn't have barcodes
- Enter the barcode and click 'search', it will be added to your selling basket
- If we are not buying it, a message will appear
- If it is a duplicate, it will not go in the basket
- Check the basket picture
Find it by Title
- Type a keyword in the search box in the middle of the page here.
- You can choose a platform to narrow your search.
- The search results can be sorted alphabetically or by platform
- Click the "Get price" button to store it.
- If we are not buying it, a message will appear
- If it is a duplicate, it will not go in the basket
- Check the basket picture
Add more games
- We need you to send at least 15 items
- The total must be at least £30
- You can click 'save for later' to keep the quote for 4 weeks (you'll need to open a basic account)
- Games in the saved basket will change in price daily
- The 'Continue' button lights up when you have enough
Tell us about problems
- Each item in the basket can be edited
- Update scruffy or missing cases, manuals etc
- Check our rules for scruffy items here
Choose how you want to be paid
- Choose 'Shop Credit' for the best price
- Choose 'PayPal' if you have a PayPal account
- Review your prices for each option
Choose how you want to send your parcel
- If you're sending it yourself, we will give you a postage credit
- The postage credit is then shown at the bottom of the basket
- Choose the 'Courier' option for us to collect
Add Quote Details
- You will be asked to login or create an account.
- Enter a payment address
- We need an address even if you are sending the parcel yourselves
- Type in a valid PayPal email if you are being paid by PayPal
- Choose a collection date for courier if we collect
- Read our packing guidelines here
- Tick to accept our packing and selling Terms
- Click the 'get quote' button to complete the Quote
- We'll email you a copy of your Quote
- You will receive a quote number valid for 14 days
- You'll be forwarded to a Quote Status page
Get Quote Status
- On the Quote Status page:
- You can add courier instructions
- You can print off the courier label here
- If you are sending, you can enter the post date and tracking no
- Check the status of your quote
- View queried items
- Reprint your Quote document
Ready to start selling games? Type in your game here.
We currently buy the following platforms (but the list is increasing regularly):
32x, 32xCD, 3DO, 3DS, Dreamcast, DS, Gameboy, GameboyColor, GameCube, GBA, MasterSystem, MegaCD, Megadrive, N64, NES, PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, Saturn, SNES, Vita, Wii, WiiU, xBox, xBox360
We offer two methods of payment:
1) Chillout Games Shop Credit
You can use Shop Credit to buy more games at Chillout Games. As soon as we book in your games, your account will be updated. The next
time you log in, the credit will be ready to use. This option offers the best value for money and there's no time limit
on when you have to use it up.
We're a rapidly growing business with more and more titles being added each week. You also benefit from our great pre-owned
prices - much lower than RRP.
2) PayPal instant transfer
We've been using PayPal to pay for games on eBay for the past 10 years. It enables us to send payments immediately without the hassle of
writing cheques. You avoid the the complications of waiting for a cheque and taking it to the bank. You can use the funds immediately to
buy goods from anywhere that accepts PayPal. We will even cover the standard PayPal transaction fee for you (not any other fees e.g subsequent
transfer to a bank account - although this is usually free depending on your bank).
Not set up with PayPal? Here's a link to the PayPal site.
At Chillout Games, we aim to be the fastest at getting you paid and 98% of quotes are paid within 2 working days of receipt. We are currently paying quotes within 36 hours of receipt. Quotes received on Friday are usually paid on Monday.
You will receive an email from us when your parcel(s) arrives. The email will indicate your position in the queue for processing and the estimated time for processing. In practice, quotes with a large number of consoles/ accessories take slightly longer to process.
When your quote has been checked, you will receive an email notifying you that your quote is ready for payment and the email will include a reconciliation of differences (if any) between the stated amount and the amount paid. If you have chosen shop credit, the credit will be available immediately. If you have chosen PayPal, the payment should be in your account within 2 hours.
At Chillout Games, we believe that customers who have managed to keep their collection in good condition should get a better
price for their games than those that have not. We have developed our selling basket so that you get the opportunity to tell us
about missing or scruffy cases, inlays or instructions and get a valuation for those before you place your quote. We believe that we
adopt a fair approach to grading the quote when it arrives so that you should not get any unpleasant surprises when the quote is
processed. Having said that, by sending us your items you accept that our judgement is final i.e. the price we pay out will be based on
our appraisal of the condition of your quote.
When you add your games, accessories and consoles to the selling basket, they will appear in the basket in good overall
condition complete with instructions and inlays. It is then up to you to identify whether there are missing parts, scruffy parts
or faulty items. The following (not-exhaustive) list explains what we consider to be scruffy or faulty items:
- The disc has 'fingernail' scratches: these are deep scratches that can be felt with a fingernail or
- It is significantly scratched: literally hundreds of marks or
- There is a 'void', retailer or similar sticker firmly glued to the top of the disc
- Either of the first 2 cases above will fail our inspection. The disc will have to be tested, put through our machines
three times, then tested again. That is why the price offered for scruffy discs is lower. Fortunately, we don't receive many of these!
- If they fail the testing stage, they will then be classed as faulty
- Also, PSP discs are classed as scruffy if the clear plastic disc casing is quite heavily scratched or damaged.
- The disc has dents, indentations, warping or cracks rendering it irreparable or
- It has data damage e.g. scratching to the top face of the disc which has impacted the data layer of the disc or
- When tested, it fails to load, freezes during gameplay or has jumpy audio or video.
- Badly corroded or discoloured contacts or
- There is a void, retailer or similar sticker firmly glued to the top of the cart or
- If it has an onboard memory battery which is flat or
- The cart plastic is quite heavily scratched or damaged or
- The cart sticker is missing, ripped, torn, artwork faded/rubbed out
- When tested (after being cleaned), it fails to load, freezes during gameplay or has jumpy audio or video.
'Scruffy' manuals (and inlays):
- The manual/inlay has suffered damage as a result of being chewed or bitten or
- There are corners cut off, pages torn out, ripped or torn pages (rips or tears under 2cm are acceptable
as long as the page is intact) or
- It has been written in using indelible ink or written in pencil so hard that the writing is embossed in the page (neat writing on notes pages is not scruffy) or
- There are food stains or it has clearly been used as a tea mat or
- It is generally untidy from heavy use or folding e.g. carried around in back pocket, rented out, bought third hand or
- It has suffered damage as a result of exposure to damp or liquid or
- There are stickers firmly attached or retailer initials written in indelible ink or
- Manual staples have rusted and stained the manual or
- The pages are loose, badly glued in place or attached with tape
- Inlays are defined as the printed artwork which is normally in the front/back or sleeve of the case to identify the game.
Sega Saturn and Nintendo card box games e.g. SNES etc have the inlay built in to the box.
- Inlays or manuals will be classed as missing if they are not the correct ones for the game or they are not in English. They will also be classed as missing if
they are unusable e.g. pages stuck together or missing, words illegible, fire damaged or generally extremely scruffy.
- The case is complete but cracked (over 1cm long) or
- Part of the case is missing or
- Hinges are broken or missing or
- There are retailer stickers firmly attached (genuine publisher/developer stickers are fine)
- PS1/ Dreamcast - we don't mind broken disc holders as these are easily replaceable
- Please note that missing or scruffy inlays/game artwork are graded seperately
- A case is classed as missing if it is clearly different from the intended case for the game
- Unusable cases will also be classed as missing e.g. not fit for purpose, falling apart, significant pieces missing, fire damaged or generally extremely scruffy.
- The case is cracked or severely scratched or yellowed/faded or
- Cart slot cover missing or
- Disc tray sticking or
- The console is barred from using an online service e.g. xBox Live
- When tested, it fails to load games, fails to power up, overheats, excessively noisy or
- freezes during gameplay or has jumpy audio or video or
- Laser struggles/slow to read discs
- Power or aerial/AV socket loose or
- Faulty or missing power supply or
- Certain functions don't work for example PS2 won't play DVDs, controller port not working
'Scruffy' PS3 discs:
- PS3 games have a very thin plastic layer between the playing side(underneath) and the data layer.
This is dictated by the BlueRay technology as BlueRay has a short wavelength compared to DVD.
Because the layer of plastic is so thin (5 times thinner than a DVD underneath) it has been hard-coated to resist
all but the most brutal of scratches. We cannot repair scratched PS3 games to the level of quality expected by
our customers. For this reason, scruffy PS3 discs are priced lower than other discs.
We work out the prices that we offer for your games based on a market value which reflects the demand for
each individual title. These prices are matched in the market on a regular basis.
The price may change with seasonality but games prices generally fall over time (apart from some collectible rare titles).
Our prices also change based on the quantity we have in stock e.g. we will pay you more for a game if we have a low stock holding.
The condition of the games also affects the price - you can select the condition for each item and the price is adjusted accordingly.
We currently accept a limited range of US/NTSC games. When you search for a game by title, we are only accepting US/NTSC games if NTSC format
is listed under the game title. If there are only PAL format games listed for that title, we are not accepting NTSC games. We are not currently
buying NTSC/import consoles.
If you send an NTSC format game when we have specifically offered a price for a PAL UK game, we will pay you half the PAL price (subject
to it being complete, in good condition and works normally on an unmodified UK console).
We will also pay half the PAL quote price for USA multi-region PS3, DS (not DSi enhanced), Gameboy, Gameboy Color, GBA and xBox 360 import games(not region locked);
they may look and play similar to UK games but they are less desirable to collectors and even
many casual gamers. This is because they represent a cheaper option on release than UK titles and there may uncertainty over
whether all the online features etc will work on European servers. We are not currently buying Dsi enhanced import titles
which do not work on UK consoles. We pay 20% of the PAL price for USA Dreamcast, Gamecube, N64, NES, Saturn and SNES games. We offer a 25% lower price for Australian PAL games if there is a European version available.
We are not buying xBox 360 import titles which have been region locked (about 50% of them).
You can tell a US import game from the age rating logo on the case:
We pay half the equivalent price of full games for promo and ex rental games - provided they contain the identical software to the full game.
For example, if the price quoted for an original full game with no manual was £4.50, you would receive £2.25 for a promo game with no manual. The quote would
be adjusted on receipt and you would not be charged an admin fee for the adjustment. We do not accept demo games and offer no price for these.